Thursday, March 6, 2014

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion vs St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub


Its $39.50 vs $4.09. The question is, what are you getting when you pay 10x more and 10x less? Are the effects same or different? Are there any benefits really of the 10x?

Lets look at 10x more

Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion
For me its a new find. I splash water on my face first, because my skin is dry firstly and secondly because its winter, and there is no reason to make it even more dry. The reason I brought this up is because you can use it on a dry (read not wet) skin too, and message it gently. I did that. and washed it off with lukewarm water. The results were great. I wouldn't say my face felt clean, but there was glow. Now I have open pores, and stuff like that, so when I say clean, I always need something more out of a cleaning agent. But this made my skin even and glowing. I feel if used this way it is great for dry skin, and since using it 3x a week is enough and need just a pea size on your fingertip a tube of 4.2oz can easily last you the winter. There is a smaller pack available too, just in case it doesn't and you have to buy another one.

Pros: Deeply hydrating, adds glow and nice finish to the skin
Con: Doesnt give a squeaky clean feel

Now our competitor

St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub
Trust me when I say I love this product. I used it since forever. It has been more than 10years that I have known this, an used it, an guess what, its available all across the world :) Its the good old friend that you can rely on. But with time, I have realized that It may not be suitable for a not-so-young skin. For a skin like that you need something gentler, which it isn't. But then at a price like that the entire marketing scenario works at its favor. It definitely cleans up the face and the apricot granules just gets in and take everything out of your face making it feel clean! However, as a word of caution it may or may not suit a sensitive skin. so be gentle ladies.

Pros: Hydrating, Cleanses out black/white heads, dead skin
Con: Can be a bit harsh on skin.

So what did you think of this review?

Let me know.

Love
Ujjaini

No comments:

Post a Comment