Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Heart Greek!

I love Greek food. Actually I have figured that I do, after I visited Tavern Kyclades in Astoria, NY last time. Its a Greek seafood restaurtant, and what I love about it is the the atmosphere, the quantity, which is huge, the bread and their greek wine.
 I love seafood, and we usually order for the Kyclades special platter, which has Scallops, Prawns, A white fish, and they are all baked in a traditional grill. We usually pair them with a house white or a greek local white wine.
 This time we were served a a dessert, very generously by the restaurant as a complimentary treat called Galaktoboureko. Its is Greek dessert of semolina-based custard in phyllo.See here for the recipe. Its obviously so awesomely good. Overall a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment