Thursday, February 13, 2014

Be careful with the Duo

If you were wondering that I am probably blessed with that great skin whom every product in this world suits, then well, I would request you to hold that happy thought right there. My skin gets dry, sometimes sensitive and its verrry hairy! And hence i keep looking for products that would take care of that. Waxing and threading is painful, and leaves my skin red with occassional blisters, while bleaching over a period of time has made me feel that I have probably more facial hair than I should have. Of course there are home remedies like rubbing an scrubbing a mixture of chickpea flour/ wheat flour mixed with some oil and milk on your face. thats no doubt effective, my grandma did that and she has fabulous skin, but honestly, I dont think i have the patience. I want something quick!

I am a huge fan of Olay total effects, So when the Olay launched their Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo I was extremely excited. However, on application (which was last summer) i thought there were hair remaining behind, in-spite of following all the instructions to the tee and as I kept on applying the product over time (the frequency kept on reducing) I realized my skin felt more sensitive with each application. And then arrived the climax, last month before I started for a trip to Vermont, I of course didn't want to look like a furry bear and uses this product. I developed bruises around my mouth (that's where I used it) and then thank goodness that I could keep my face covered due to the extreme cold weather there, or it would had been one of those moments of my life when I don't want to face anyone.

So my take out of all this is, its better to stay away from this 'Duo' if you have sensitive or dry skin.

PS: I was using the one for coarse to thick hair.
 


Stay Stylish...Ujjaini
 

No comments:

Post a Comment